Clarity Safety Solutions Inc.
Clarity Safety Solutions takes pride in its devotion to the Health and Safety/First Aid Profession. We provide flexible, end-to-end solutions that assist companies to meet their Health & Safety objectives by giving them the best possible services at a competitive fee.
Clarity Safety Solutions provides the following services:
- Health & Safety consulting for the construction and forest industries;
- Paramedic services
- Rescue services
- Level 3 first aid services
- Worksite inspections
- Safety manual development
- Safety meeting presentations
- Safety training
- Employee orientations
- Emergency preparedness consulting
We meet or exceed WorkSafeBC Acts and Regulations.
Donald William Foort, CSO
Donald has spent the last 13 years working as a Protection Officer within the Health & Safety department of Catalyst Paper Corporation, Powell River Division (safest mill in Canada in 2005). At Catalyst, Donald specialized in confined space and fall arrest rescue. Donald attained his professional designation as a Construction Safety Officer through the Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of British Columbia in June of 2011.
Donald has been a Level 3 Occupational First Aid Attendant for over 16 years. He was employed by the City of Powell River as an Auxiliary fire fighter for 10 years. His formal health and safety education includes Construction Officer training at British Columbia Institute of Technology and Confined Space Rescue, HAZMAT Operations Level and Firefighter II certification from the Justice Institute of British Columbia.
Andy Perkonig, Lead Trainer
Andy is a Provincially Certified Instructor with an engaging manner and excellent instructional skills. Andy has spent the past 30 years working in the field of Health & Safety. His broad range of expertise stems from being employed with BC Ambulance Service, Provincial Search & Rescue Teams, and as an Industrial Emergency Response Team Coordinator/Trainer at Catalyst Paper and a Disaster Response Team Member/Leader to Haiti.
Andy’s extensive background in Safety Plan Development and Emergency Response in and out of the country gives him a unique insight on how to develop safety programs that work for employer and employee alike.
At Clarity Safety Solutions, we take pride in our services and our wide range of clients reflects that. Our clients include:
- Brookfield Renewable Energy Group is one of the largest publicly-traded, pure-play renewable power platforms in the world. Its hydroelectric portfolio includes 170 hydropower facilities and eight wind farms totaling close to 5,000 megawatts of installed capacity, generating enough electricity from renewable resources to power two million homes annually.
British Columbia operations include five hydroelectric generating stations on five rivers with a combined 134 MW of capacity. In May 2012, Brookfield will begin construction of a 45-megawatt, run-of-river generation project on the Kokish River near Port McNeil.
- Seaside Wellness Center for Women
- Ministry of Highways and Transportation
- Hope by the Sea Treatment Center